Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This book is Great for FHE!

4996426_product

We have had a few lessons out of this book for Family Home Evening. It teaches in fun and easy to understand ways the Standards that are in the For the Strength of Youth booklet- such as Gratitude, Agency and Accountability, Honesty, Service... I love all its great ideas- they even keep my boys attention! We've gone on treasure hunts, played silly games (like crawling around trying to get each other's socks off), done object lessons (It really surprised my kids that they could not pick up the word "choice" without having "consequence" come with it. And of course they had to think of tricky ways to try to do it!). It has yummy treat ideas too.

If anyone has great FHE ideas- let me know!

4 comments:

gmckibbe said...

This sounds really fun Jacki. I'm always looking for new things to do. Thanks for sharing!

Kayelynn said...

I'll have to check this out! Thanks for the tip! Hey, cute blog, Jacki!

Handsfullmom said...

Thanks for sharing -- I'm going to put the book on hold at the library. I usually use a conference talk for FHE.

Beth said...

I'd say that any great FHE idea HAS TO involve YUMMY FOOD!!! hee hee hee.... doesn't matter WHAT you do as long as there are treats right???? ;-)