Monday, February 9, 2009

Gotta Catch Them All!

2009-02-09 20-30-23

Happy Birthday David! Right now David is VERY interested in Pokemon and wants to "Catch Them All". He amazes me with how much he knows about each Pokemon without being able to read the cards! I've been learning more than I need to know about Pokemon lately too.

For his birthday we celebrated by becoming Pokemon Masters. We played eight games and after each game, we won Pokemon cards and a badge (Ash collects badges too). After we had all 8 badges (just circles of paper I made to match Ash's badges), we were awarded a Pokemon certificate, and a Pokedex (really just a coloring book I made).

Here's my attempt at a Pikachu cake... (it's a round cake pan on bottom and top with two circle cakes in the middle. At the point I assembled it- I thought uh oh- it's an egg! The ears are tips of sugar cones. I used Twinkies for the tail, feet, and hands. Oreo eyes, and fruit-by-the-foot cut for cheeks and mouth)

2009-02-06 16-41-34

Here's the games we played:

Pokemon Bingo (Everyone loved it! I gave information about each Pokemon after I drew it. So glad I found http://www.dltk-cards.com/bingo/ - it has lots of different Bingo cards you can print.)

Pokemon walk (like cake walk, but Pokemon pictures instead of numbers, and you win cards instead of cake)

Hungry, hungry Munchlax (throw beanbags into Munchlax's mouth- the Pokemon that eats everything)

2009-02-07 16-18-39crop

 

Pin the tail on Pikachu

2009-02-07 16-19-48

Catch a Pokemon (Fishing)

Ash, Ash, Pikachu (Duck, Duck, Goose I was surprised how much they liked this one!)

Pass the Pokemon (Hot Potato)

David had a lot of fun- I hope his friends did too!

2 comments:

Kids! said...

happy birthday david!

Rockelle said...

thats a fantastic cake, Jackie!