Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 Calendar

My friend makes a calendar each year. She collects pictures from each of her siblings and has a completed calendar printed for each of them and her grandma. This year I made the calendar for her.

Here's how it turned out:

cover

Supplies: Patterned paper and frame- Beth Long bethbydesign.blogspot.com 

July 

Supplies: Star embellishment-Heidi Larsen of littledreamdesigns.com Glitter Star Overlay- Janel Scraps November

Supplies: Turkey and patterned paper- kimscrapping.blogspot.com 

I made a basic template to use for each page. I modified it sightly depending on how many pictures were on each page. It made it to drop photos in quick and resize them all to fit.

template 12 copy

If you have a use for the template- you can download it here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/79546083/1f517da2/JA_calendar_template.html

It is a psd file sized 10X7.5

I printed the calendar at www.artscow.com I've never used them before. I was happy with the paper's quality, but some of the colors were printed a little wrong. But the price was amazing- only $6.99 and free shipping (from Hong Kong! so it took awhile!). I was wanting to make a photobook from them because the price is unbelievable, but not if the colors come out wrong. Has anyone else used Artscow?

 

NOTE: I originally made the template to use for a calendar from Staples.com It is sized to fit that calendar exactly. Artscow was cheaper, so I used it there instead. I just zoomed in and it fit.  Also- I used Artscow's calendar template for the actual calendar part.

4 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Great job! It's lovely. I've had calendars printed in the past through cafepress with good results. I make my books through Blurb.com -- the prices are amazing for very good quality, and large books. I've done one for every year since 05, and they are about $45-60 for a 160 or 200 page book.

Unknown said...

I love the look of the calendar. And thanks for using parts from me :) It looks fantastic! Thanks also for sharing the template.

Rubypat said...

Thank you for the template - so timesaving!

Lois B said...

Thank you for the template. Did you use temp[lates from Artscow for the actual monthly calendar parts?

I have heard others rave about Artscow - this is the first time I have heard of the colors being off.