Sunday, March 8, 2009

Addicted to Scrapbooking

I just got back from the CK Scrapbook Convention. It was so much fun that I am not ready to sleep! It was great to rejuvenate and learn and enjoy and see so many creative things and people! I got lots of freebies this year-I always love that!

I went with my friend Caroline- and we were crazy. At the crop they had a contest to see who could make up the best song about the Cricut. 6 finalists would sing and one would win a Cricut! I've used a friend's so I know it has lots of neat options... Caroline and I both were finalists (and sang silly songs in front of more than 500 people!). AND Caroline WON!!! 

Here's my song:

To the tune of "I've Got Rhythm"

It's got letters, it's got shapes. It's got pictures. Who could ask for anything more!

It's got a library of cartridges. Shapes and fonts- Who could ask for anything more!

Cartridges like George and Jasmine- Calligraphy, and San Serifs.Disney too and Makin' The Grade. Possibilities are endless.

It's the Cricut, personal electronic Cutter. I want it! Who could ask for anything more!

(silly- I know!)

2009-03-08 09-51-37

2009-03-08 09-58-17

 

I have been a little addicted to Digital Scrapbooking this month too. I love the possibilities and the way it stretches me creatively.

Here's a page I made this month:

Talent-Show_web

I love how many pictures I can resize and put onto one Digital page. Maybe I went a little overboard with 28 pics... but I wanted it to be one spread. For our family reunion we had a talent night together- I learned a lot about everyone that I didn't know!

I got the neat swirls and from a digital freebie given to me for participating in an online challenge. I just had to scraplift a page and I was given this cool page kit designed by Beth.

You have all of March to play in the challenge to get this kit for free. See the swirls!!

The yellow paper I used came from another freebie from this month- and I didn't have to do anything to get this one! Beth is giving it away free on her blog.

BL_kb_CC_Mar09_Preview

I also made this page yesterday. Also pictures from the reunion of a nature walk near my house.

reunion-hike_web

I used Beth's brand new digital kit Natural Moods.

There still so much left in the kit to experiment with. You're amazing Beth!!

 

O'kay...can you tell I'm addicted! Maybe now I can sleep since I've told someone (everyone wise is already asleep here!)

6 comments:

Kids! said...

I wish I could have heard your ditty! Hee hee. Sounds like you are getting your fill of scrapbooking!

Beth said...

I have to admit... I'm a little bit dissappointed... I want a VIDEO CLIP of your Cricket song... WAHAHAHA!!!! Now I'm gonna request a 'live' re-enactment when I see you next... LOL! Too bad you didn't win... but yay for Caroline! (I feel lucky by association!) LOVE LOVE LOVE the layouts you've posted here!!! Woohoo!!! Thanks for giving my kit a plug too! See ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could have heard you sing!!! Bummer you didn't win, but very cool that your friend did!!! And as always, WAY cute lo's. You so totally rock the scrapbooking world :)

Amy said...

I am so glad you got to go this year, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am hoping to be there next year! I love your talent page. I think digital is so great to work with, you can make everything the perfect size without ordering new prints! As always, beautiful pages! You are truly very talented. I'm going to come scrap with you and hope some of it rubs off on me. You know, I've still got projects from last years convention that I never finished!

Baggiore family said...

I love my Cricut machine. Bummer you didn't win, but I guess you know where to go if you want to use one. I've never been able to go to convention. Maybe someday I'll make it there.

Handsfullmom said...

Watch out -- digital scrapbooking can even take over your dreams. When I first got started, I'd wake up from dreams where I was manipulating photos and designing backgrounds.

I love your pages, especially the one with 26 photos on it. You're very talented.