Sunday, June 20, 2010

Amazing!

Andrew, Matthew and I went to the Portland Mormon Choir and Orchestra concert last night- it was A-maz-ing!

2010-06-19 21-29-19rhf2

Rob formed and directed the choir 5 1/2 years ago and now he is the board chairman and singing in the choir. I’m glad Andrew and Matthew enjoy going so I have someone to sit with :)

This was my favorite concert yet! Jenny Oaks Baker came and she was stunning and played flawlessly. The concert was captivating.

2010-06-19 20-33-30rchf

The concert included some theme songs from movies. Andrew and Matthew were especially excited to attend this concert because they actually sang 2 songs from Star Wars- I didn’t even realize Star Wars had any songs with singing! I barely grabbed this picture- it was so unexpected and funny! A Jedi came out and handed the orchestra director a baton- but it was a light saber- LOL! They actually turned the lights down and had sound effects like a light saber for a minute before they started the song.

 

2010-06-19 21-04-25rhf

The choir got silly and sang a medley from the movie Enchanted. They pulled it off and it was funny.

 

2010-06-19 20-54-55rhf2

I’m looking forward to their Christmas concert- that’s always been my favorite (until now!)

6 comments:

Kids! said...

wish i could've sat next to you too! how fun to have boys that are interested in the choir! the choir is really nothing short of amazing - good for rob for pursuing his dreams!

PatrickandErica said...

That sounds so fun!

Christie said...

Way to go, Rob! I remember him just getting into that when we were there.

K kid said...

The concert was fantastic! We took Jared and Camryn and they loved the Star Wars songs too! :) Rob should be so proud of his work!

MMW said...

My mom was invited to this performance and LOVED it. I wish I had taken note of the advertising. It would have been fantastic to see.

BTW...Where is Sharlene R? I'd love her email or postal address...

xoxo MMW

Beth said...

Wow!!!! Looks like a fantastic evening! GREAT pictures too (I wonder who snapped those... heeheehee... I still wish I had your mad camera skills!) That light saber thing is too funny... very fun! Congrats to Rob!